Like many others, sometimes I need a little motivation to keep from giving up on my dreams. Because the truth of the matter is, my dreams scare me. I have this huge vision of how I am going to help young girls and women see the beauty and the value of their existence, which is pretty empowering. However, I am not always so empowered my self. So instead of staying in the place of no motivation and drive, I turn to books to gain a little hope. Hearing others’ stories and visions give me the courage to continue. Because if someone can make their dreams happen, so can I.
Now while I am sure many authors write these books just to be heard or to release their inner most thoughts, I don’t think they understand the power it has on an individual. It is truly something to see a woman do her thing, especially in a world her that tells her she doesn’t matter. With that being said, I have gotten through my deepest mind blocks and lost of hope through reading and I hope it will help you as well.
So, here is my list of awesome GIRL POWER books that will have you seeing all the potential that you have waiting inside of you and will hopefully give you the power to chase those awesome dreams that keep you up at night!
- I Am That Girl by Alexis Jones
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Be You and Live Civil by Karen Civil
- If You Have To Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mom Never Told You by Kelly Cutrone
- Do Cool Sh*t: Quit Your Day Job, Start Your Own Business, and Live Happily Ever After by Miki Agrawal